Monday, June 15, 2009

Sometimes

When I see differently abled kids (disabled kids) I want to cry, actually most of the time. It is not because of sorrow, well sometimes but mostly because of my own experience as a mother with a differently abled kid. Recently I was at Safeway in the check out line. I turned around to see a little girl about the age of 2 in a stroller with a feeding tube, Mom was putting another dose of dinner in for her. I almost said to that Mom. "Thank you for bringing your beautiful little girl out, for others to see because you have greatly encouraged me today" I didn't say that to her but I have to say I find myself thinking about her often and wishing I had said something.
It is becoming harder now that Lexi is older because she wants to get out and do things, be out of the stroller to play on the swing and the slides but I find myself feeling guilty that Jackie is just sitting in the stroller so I do my best to take turns with the kids.
Jackie really is making huge improvements and I am SO PROUD of her for her determination.
My Jac Jac,
I love you my sweet little girl. You are such a blessing in my life. You have taught me more about love, compassion, determination, laughter, God's will and joy than I could have ever imagined. God is using you in big ways my baby. YOU are a mighty spirit full of Gods Grace, Wisdom and strength.
You are doing so good with PT, Peg was just blown away with how well you are doing each week. Keep up the hard work sister, its paying off. You made me cry so hard last week when you reach over to touch my face. That was the first time you have ever done that. I called Grammie and told her all about it, she thought that was really cool.
I love you my sissy.
Mom

I guess my point in this post is, don't over look some one that makes you uncomfortable. It could be a disabled person, or some one that just takes you completely out of your comfort zone. That person is being used by God; how lucky you would be to have made contact with that person.
I want to hug other parents of differantly abled kids, I feel such a bond with them, that they might have the slightest inkling of what I feel or what I have gone through.

No comments:

Post a Comment