Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Weekend

I must start this post off by saying that I am the most blessed woman I know!
I knew leading up to this weekend it was going to be special; but just how special I was about to see.
Friday after work I went to pick up my "Lil L" from her mom, we got home and just hung out for the night. The babies went to sleep and the older girls and I watched "icarly" which is a weekly tradition. Saturday was mostly lazy (just fine by me!) My dear sweet hubby watched 3 of the 4 girls while I went to get my nails done. Lil J spent some quality time with Grammie, all by herself! With 4 kids its a little hard to get one on one time. Saturday night the girls and I went to my moms for dinner, the older girls died eggs with Poppy. We came home and fell into bed.
NOW for Sunday! We woke up to see what the Easter Bunny had left; the girls where very excited about the art kits. We got off to Church where we were met by Grammie, poppy,Great grandma Clara and Poppa Rod, Great Grandma Kane and Poppa Doug, Cousin Kristy and her husband, my 2nd cousin Karen all from my side, then DH's Grandma and Uncle came all to support Lil K and DH in their being baptized! I felt so blessed to have our family all around. I did however miss my aunt and uncle and their kids from Oregon; they just had too much going on; Altough they make it up to WA for nearly everything they are invited too!
Service was WONDERFUL; talk about feeling Jesus all around:) At the end of the service the people being baptized were called to get ready. I helped Lil K change and kissed her and DH goodbye, then took my place in reading their testimony's. I am proud to say I did not stumble or cry as I read! In all 17 people where baptized! YAY JESUS!!!
After church we went to Great Grandma Eunice's for Easter Lunch. The food was great and the company even better! My aunt Barb,cousins Chehaila, Lee and Robby were there along with everyone that came to church minus DH's Grandma and Uncle.
I almost forgot to mention how pretty my girls where! the older two wore matching dresses and the younger two wore matching dresses. Grandma Clara took several pictures, I will be sure to add pics to the blog soon and those will be some of them!
As I reflect back on the weekend I am overwhelmed by God's love, for sooo many reasons but just a few of them are....
1- when Jesus died for our sins he knew that 2000 plus years later my Lil K and Dh would be baptized on the day he rose from the grave! And that I would have the privlidge of reading their testimony's!
2-Jesus knew that my Lil K who came into this world with out a reliable earthly father would be blessed with one at the age of 3 and then at the age of 7 would be baptized together on Easter Sunday!
2- That Jesus has all the grace and peace I need!
3- Jesus loved me so much that he would bless me with 3 natural children and 1 step daughter and a husband made just for me.
4-Jesus knows my inner most being and still loves me!
God is SO good to me!
I have a busy full life, like everyone else on this plantet I get tired, stressed, delerious, happy, overwhelmed and crazed but knowing that me and my family have a place beyond the pearly gates gives peace, grace and strength. Thank you Jesus for dying for me, for washing all my sins away and making me NEW again!

No comments:

Post a Comment