Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Amazing Grace

This last Monday we awoke at 4:30am. I made bottles, had coffee and packed a seperate diaper bag (the babies share one usually) and headed for the shower. My mom and Grandma Clara showed up about 5:45am. The kids were stiring as DH and I left for the hospital with Lil J. Both DH and I were very calm, I was nervous that Lil J would be fussy since we couldn't feed her until after the surgery; However she did wonderful.
My Grandma Clara and Grandpa Rod followed us to the hosptial. After Lil J was safely off to surgery we all went and had some breakfast in the cafeteria. We had such a nice time just sitting and talking; we all commented on how this may be the first time we have been able to have a conversation with out being interupted by the kids:)
Soon we were paged to come back to the surgery center and after a little waiting they rolled our sweet little girl in. Lil J came throught he surgery wonderfully! Praise Jesus! We thought she may take a little longer to come out of anesthia because of the hypotonia in her muscles but she didn't! After a bottle of apple juice another bottle of pediasure we left the hospital and had a wonderful lunch with my grandparents before they left for home (in Oregon). It was a beautiful, sunny and warm out that day; so fitting for Lil J to spend some alone time with Mommy and Daddy. Lil J loved not sharing the day with her sisters, she babbled and smiled and laughed more than usual all day long!
My favorite part of the day was all the snuggles she shared with me:)
I just praise God for being with that surgen, I know a muscle biopsy is a routine procedure; but to take the time he did to talk before and after the procedure was great. Kinda cool, but Dh's cousin spent a lot of time at Children's when he was born with a pretty serious health issue, he spent at least 6months there. The surgen we had was his surgon! He asked us if we knew him, he recoginized the last name (which is not too common) 21 years later and he STILL remembers him! We filled him in on how his cousin is doing, GREAT by the way! That was a cool testimate to the level of care we are recieving at Seattle Children's!
As far as results of the muscle biopsy, we could get them in as little as 3 weeks but as long as a 2 months from now. We are expecting the latter, from what we understand the tests they run on the tissue are very extensive.
I tried to post pictures the other day from my phone but it did not show up correctly, this weekend I may be able to load them from my moms house.

No comments:

Post a Comment