Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Standing on one leg; arms flung out to my sides looking for balance..YOU too huh?

Interesting title isn't it? Well folks its the truth. In life it seems just when you are breaking through a circumstance and you are achieving so called "victory" the devil pulls another trick from his sleeve, if your not careful this will send you into a tail spin. For my family this week (and yes I realize it is only Wednesday) has felt like the eye of the hurricane is swirling right above us. Why you ask?
My husband and oldest daughter made a public proclamation on Easter. They where baptized. As you can imagine there has been lots of prayer, conversation and faith building in our home. As we are delighting in Jesus the devil is lurking, right outside our window, at work, at school. He snakes his way in, whispering his distructive ideas and thoughts in our ears. We start to let little things build, little annoyances, the stress of life is closing in and inside we panic and then we turn on eachother. It was brought to my attention from a very wise woman...Grandma Clara, I started to snap out of it and realized she was right. The devil was trying to get a foot hold on my family.
I requested prayer for this during our homegroup last night. Just sharing it with fellow believers lifted the weight of the world off my shoulders. I was able to see the truth and even still this morning can feel the darkness that is the devil retreating to his corner from the walup spiritual slap delievered to him through our acknowledgement of his deceit. TAKE THAT SATAN!
The truth in this is that Satan would love nothing more than to add my family to his ranks, however JESUS is the one I owe my life to, he is the one who died on the cross for me, the one that loved my family when we were just a twinkle in his eye. SO satan you lose!

No comments:

Post a Comment